Archaeological Field Director
This position is: Full Time
Position Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Gulf South Research Corporation (GSRC) is a fast-growing, certified woman-owned small business offering multidisciplinary, environmental and cultural resources services to Government and corporate clients throughout the United States.
We are seeking a full-time Archaeological Field Director for our Baton Rouge, LA office.
The responsibilities of this position include, but may not limited to:
- Leading fieldwork (survey, testing, data recovery, and monitoring), archival research, technical report writing, development and writing research designs, writing historic property management and treatment plans, writing agreement documents, state and federal archaeological permitting, data collection and compilation, and GIS mapping.
- Maintaining a firm understanding and knowledge of state and federal environmental regulatory framework, including the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA).
- Gathering data and other information to be used in the preparation of environmental reports.
- Being able to work under aggressive schedules with minimal supervision.
- Mentor personnel in the field, office, and laboratory, as needed.
- Assist in the production of proposal scopes and budgets.
- MA in Anthropology, Archaeology, History, or a closely related field
- Three (3) years of relevant experience to include artifact identification skills and experience with the identification of both Prehistoric and Historic material and advanced knowledge in one or more specialty scientific areas (e.g., lithic , ceramic, or faunal analysis; historical archaeology; geoarchaeology).
- Experience implementing Sections 106 and 110 of the NHPA.
- Willingness to travel and able to conduct fieldwork, including overnight stays in the area.
- Experience overseeing crews and/or multiple crews on a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and agencies.
- Current valid US driver’s license.
- Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required.
GSRC offers a generous benefit package to all full time employees that includes:
- GSRC pays 100 percent of health and life insurance premiums.
- GSRC matches up to 4 percent of 401k contribution.
- Salary dependent on experience.
- Eligible for bonus