This position is: Full Time
Position Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Gulf South Research Corporation (GSRC) is a fast-growing, certified economically disadvantaged woman-owned small business (EDWOSB) offering multidisciplinary, environmental consulting services to government and corporate clients throughout the United States. The GSRC professionals offer expertise in four basic areas: Environmental Planning (including National Environmental Policy Act ([NEPA]), Natural Resources Surveys and Studies, Cultural Resources Surveys and Studies, and Habitat Restoration Services.
We are currently searching for a Project Manager/Senior Biologist. The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
- A Bachelors Degree in one of the environmental sciences (Biology, Environmental, Earth Sciences, Wildlife, Coastal Science)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing NEPA and other environmental products
- Successfully work in a team environment.
- Proven communication skills with clients.
- Ability to research and identify project issues or problems
- Ability to make recommendations and coordinate resolutions for improvements.
- Working with the internal team in developing proper procedures for NEPA and 24 CFR 58 environmental reviews.
- Ability to travel for field work.
- Experience in multiple regions of the United States (i.e., Southern, Southwest, Northeast).
- A Masters Degree in one of the environmental sciences (Biology, Environmental, Earth Sciences, Wildlife, Coastal Science).
- Background in various biological survey methodologies.
- Experience developing Environmental Impact Statements, Environmental Assessments, and natural resources reports.
- Technical writing experience.